Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, École Polytechnique de Montréal, University of Montreal (CANADA) , 2007
- Modelling of the flow of refrigerant (single phase and two phase)
- Modelling of the exchangers, the compressor, the expansion valve, and of the other components of the heat pump
- Numerical solution via the finite volume method
- Ordering and calibration of diverse measurement instruments
- Experimental measurements in an environmental chamber
- Experimental validation of the models of the components and of the heat pump
Master of Applied Science in Mechanical Engineering, École Polytechnique de Montréal, University of Montreal (CANADA), 2001
Diploma in Electromechanical Engineering, École Polytechnique de Thiès (SENEGAL), 1996
- LEED AP BD+C (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional – Building Design + Construction): from U.S. Green Building Council
- BEMP (Building Energy Modeling Professional): from ASHRAE
Building Energy Modeling, CFD, Energy and Environment, Energy Efficiency (Energy Conservation), Fluid Mechanics, HVAC Systems Design, Refrigeration, Sustainable Buildings, Thermal Engineering, Two phase flow
- Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. 2014. One and Two Time Constant Models to Predict the Capacity of Geothermal Heat Pumps in Cycling Conditions. ASHRAE Transactions, v120 pt2.
- Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. 2012. Transient Model of a Geothermal Heat Pump in Cycling Conditions – Part A: the Model. International Journal of Refrigeration, v35 n8, pp 2110-2123.
- Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. 2012. Transient Model of a Geothermal Heat Pump in Cycling Conditions – Part B: Experimental Validation and Results. International Journal of Refrigeration, v35 n8, pp 2124-2137.
- Ndiaye, D. and Gabriel, K. 2011. Principal Component Analysis of the Electricity Consumption in Residential Dwellings. Energy and Buildings, v43, pp 446-453.
- Ndiaye, D. and Gabriel, K. Evaluation of Daily Energy Signature Models for Houses Heated and or Cooled by Electricity: Case of Oshawa, Canada. Proceedings of eSim 2010, Winnipeg, Canada, May 2010.
- Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. 2010. Transient Modeling of Refrigerant-to Air Fin and Tube Heat Exchangers. HVAC&R Research, v16 n3, pp 355-381.
- Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. Dynamic Model of a Hermetic Reciprocating Compressor in On-Off Cycling Operation. Applied Thermal Engineering, v30, pp 792-799.
- Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. 2009. Modelling the bleed port of a thermostatic expansion valve. International Journal of Refrigeration, v32 n5, pp 826-836.
- Ndiaye, D., Bernier, M. and Zmeureanu, R. Evaluation of the embodied energy in building materials and related carbon dioxide emissions in Senegal. Proceedings of 2005 World Sustainable Building Conference, Tokyo, Japan, September 2005.
Ndiaye, D. and Bernier, M. Modèle dynamique pour la détermination de la constante de temps de pompes à chaleur eau - eau. Proceedings VIIe