- Credit Hours: 128
- Concentration Areas: None.
- Declaring the Major: Minimum GPA of 2.0 required.
- Prerequisite courses typically include: MATH 1100/1103 or higher, PHYS1101 with laboratory, and 6 or more credits of ETGR, ETCE, ETME, ELET, or CMET courses completed with a 2.0 or higher.
- Change of Major forms are accepted year-round; orientation/advising sessions are required for new students.
- Advising (For the Major): Required upon admission to the major and before each semester. Assigned advisors hold group advising sessions, followed by individual advising by appointment.
- Advising (For General Education): By Student Service Specialists in the department.
- Minimum Grades/GPA: GPA of 2.0 in the major required for graduation. A grade of C or better is required in all freshman level courses, as shown on the Suggested Plan of Study.
- Teacher Licensure: No
- Evening Classes Available: Althought it is highly unlikely that students would be able to complete the degree requirements through evening courses alone, some upper division (junior/senior) classes are available late afternoon or evening on a rotating basis.
- Weekend Classes Available: No
Other Information: Students have the option of completing the requirements of the Civil Engineering Technology degree as a dual major with the B.S.C.M. in Construction Management. This plan of study typically takes two additional semesters to complete. Students who complete an Associate in Applied Science degree (AAS) in a related field before enrolling at UNC Charlotte are eligible for the Civil Engineering Technology 2+2 Program, which allows students to complete their B.S.E.T. degree with approximately two additional years of coursework.
Ms. Courtney Green, Faculty Associate
Dr. Thomas Nicholas,Program Coordinator