Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Professor, Electrical Engineering Technology
Degrees & Professional Registration:
- Ph.D. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Houston, 1994
- M.S., University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), China, 1981
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, USTC, 1967
- Systems and Control
- Robust and Optimal Control
- Networked Time Delay Systems Control
- Complex systems
- Computer Networks
- Modeling and Model Reduction
- Circuits and their Performance Variation Analysis at Nano-Scale
- Structural Control and Intelligent control
- GPS and Communications
- Mathematical & Numerical Analysis, and Algorithms
- Planning Visit: U.S. – Japan Research on Effective Fast Robust Control of a Precision Planar Motion Stage for Manufacturing and Instruments, NSF, 2009-2011. (PI)
- Determining Vehicle Miles of Travel (VMT) for statewide, county, urban and local areas, NCDOT, 2008-2009. (PI)
- PI, “Robust Semi-Active Structural Control and Field Test for Implementation at the World Longest Cable-Stayed Sutong Bridge,” UNC Charlotte Senior Faculty Research Grant ($6000), 2004-2005
- PI, “GPS Navigation and Digital Map Adjustment,” UNC Charlotte Senior Faculty Research Grant ($6,000), 2002-2003
- PI, “Efficient and Performance Guaranteed Methods for Order Reduction and Analysis of VLSI Interconnect Circuits,” UNC Charlotte part, NSF ($160,274), 2001-2005
- PI, “An AGILENT-HP and NSF Communications Lab at UNC Charlotte,” Agilent Technologies ($120,000), 2000-2002
- PI, “Prairie View Communication System Lab Design,” Tellabs ($300,000), 1996-1997
- Inventor, 4 US Patents (2006, 2007, 2007, 2010)
- Sheng-Guo Wang, Generalized Lyapunov Theory and its Omega-Transformable Regions, in Unsolved Problems in Mathematical systems & Control Theory, Ed. by V. Blondel, and A. Megretski, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2004.
- Sheng-Guo Wang, Brief Review of Research on Robust Pole Clustering and Robust Structural Control, in Advances in Control Systems Theory and Applications, Ed. G. Tao and J. Sun, USTC Press, April 2009.
- Shield Lin and Sheng-Guo Wang, Robust Control Design for Two-Link Nonlinear Robotic System, in Advances in Robot Manipulators, Ed. Ernest Hall, IN-TECH, Vienna, Austria, 2010.
- S.-G. Wang & B. Wang, "Modeling of Distributed RLC Interconnect and Transmission Line via Closed Forms and Recursive Algorithms," IEEE Trans. VLSI, Vol.18, pp.119-130, 2010.
- S.-G. Wang & B. Wang, "Parameterization Theory of Balanced Truncation Method for Any Evenly Distributed RC Interconnect Circuits and Transmission Lines," Automatica, Vol.46, pp.625-628, 2010.
- B. Wang, S.-G. Wang and B. Yuan, "Evenly Distributed RC Interconnect ELO Model Simplification and its Simulation", Int. J. Modeling & Simulation, Vol.27, No.4, pp.324-332, 2007.
- B. Yuan, Z. Cao and S.-G. Wang, "Effect of Counter EMF on Ripple Frequency of Current in DC Motor," Proc. CSEE, Vol. 27, No.30, pp.92-96, 2007.
- B. Yuan and S.-G. Wang, "Even Length Order RC Interconnect Model Reduction, Optimization and Simulation", J. System Simulations, Vol.18, No.17, pp. 1773-1776, 2006.
- B. Yuan, B. Wang and S.-G. Wang, "Balanced Truncated Models of RC Interconnect Circuits and their Simulation", Journal of Electronics, Vol.22, No.4, pp.403-408, 2005.
- W. Zhang, B. Yuan and S.-G. Wang, "Application of Scaling in Simulation of High Order Interconnect Model", Computer Simulation, Vol. 22, No.3, pp.83-85, 2005.
- S.-G. Wang and B. Wang, "Fast and Accurate Modeling of Distributed RLC Interconnect and Transmission Line in Time and Frequency Domains," IFAC World Congress, Seoul, 2008.
- S.-G. Wang and B. Wang, "Parameterization Theory of Balanced Truncation Method for Any Evenly Distributed RC Interconnect Circuits," Proc. IEEE 7th World Congress on Intelligent Control and Automation (2008 WCICA), Chongqing, China, June 2008.
- S.-G. Wang and B. Wang, "An Example of Balanced Truncation Method and its Surprising Time Domain Performance," Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Cybernetics and Intelligent Systems, Chengdu, 2008.
- S. Lin and S.‐G. Wang, "Modeling and Robust Control of Two‐Link Planar Nonlinear Robotic Systems," Proc. IASTED Int. Conf. on Modelling, Identification, and Control, Innsbruck, Feb. 2007.
- Y. Bao, S.-G. Wang and Z. Liu, "Two New Approaches to Automatic Generation and Accurate Adjustment of Vector Maps for AVL", Proc. IEEE ICCA, Singapore, 2006.
- B. Wang, S.-G. Wang and B. Yuan, “ELO Model Reduction and Case Study of Evenly Distributed RC Interconnect,” 16th IFAC World Congress, Prague, Czech, July 2005
- S.-G. Wang, Generalized Lyapunov Theory and its Omega-Transformable Regions, in Unsolved Problems in Mathematical Systems & Control Theory, Ed. by V. Blondel & A. Megretski, Princeton University Press, Princeton, NJ, 2004 http://www.inma.ucl.ac.be/~blondel/op/
- S.-G. Wang, “An LQG-alpha Control with Relative Stability and Gain Parameter for the Structural Benchmark Problems,” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 130, No. 4, pp.511-517, 2004
- S.-G. Wang, H.Y. Yeh and P. Roschke, “Robust Active Control for Structural Systems with Structured Uncertainties,” International Journal of Nonlinear Dynamics and Systems Theory, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp.195-216, 2004
- B. Yuan and S.-G. Wang, “Analysis of Robust Pole Clustering in a Good Ride Quality Region of Aircraft for Matrices with Unstructured Uncertainties,” Control Theory and Applications, Vol. 21, pp.169-173, 2004
- S.-G. Wang, P. Roschke and H.Y. Yeh, “Robust Control for Structural Systems with Unstructured Uncertainties,” ASCE Journal of Engineering Mechanics, Vol. 130, No. 3, pp. 337-346, 2004
- Y. Bao, S.-G. Wang and Y. Liu, “GIS-Based Real-Time Correction of Deviation on Vehicle Track,” Proc. International Conference on Dynamics, Instrumentation and Control 2004, Nanjing, China, August 2004
- B. Yuan, B. Wang and S.-G. Wang, “RC Interconnect Circuits and Its Balanced Truncated Models,” IEEE Proceedings of the 5th World Congress of Intelligent Control and Automation, Hongzhou, China, June 2004
- O. Rediniotis, S. Lin, U. Ukpai and S.-G. Wang, “Modeling of a Nonlinear Synthetic Jet Actuator,” Proceedings of IASTED International Conference on Modeling and Simulation, Marina del Rey, California, March 2004
- S.-G. Wang, “LQG-a Control and its Simulations for Structural Benchmark Problems against Winds and Earthquakes,” Proceedings of the 42nd IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, Maui, Hawaii, December, 2003
- S.-G. Wang, “Robust Pole Clustering in a Good Ride Quality Region of Aircraft for Matrices with Unstructured Uncertainties,” IFAC Journal Automatica, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 525-532, 2003
- S.-G. Wang, “Robust Active Control for Structural Systems with Acceleration Sensors,” Journal of Structured Control, Vol. 10, No. 1, pp 57-76, 2003 (also www.interscience.wiley.com)
- S.-G. Wang, Generalized Lyapunov Theory and its Omega-Transformable Regions, in Open Problems in Mathematical Systems and Control Theory, Ed. by V. Blondel & A. Megretski, 2002 MTNS Problem Book, 2002
- S.-G. Wang and S. Lin, “Eigenvectors and Robust Stability of Uncertain Matrices,” International Journal of Control and Intelligent Systems, Vol.30, No.3, pp.126-133, 2002
- S.-G. Wang and Y. Bao, "New Intelligent Method to Generate Vector Maps for GPS Navigation," Proceedings of the15th IFAC World Congress, Barcelona, P157, Spain, July 2002
- S.-G. Wang, J. Wang, W. Cai, D. Zhou and X. Zhen, “Modeling of RC Interconnect Circuit and Its Recursive Algorithm,” Proceedings IEEE 2002 International Conference on Control and Automation, pp1426-1430, Xiaman, China, June 2002
- S.-G. Wang, P. Roschke, H.Y. Yeh, “Simulation of Robust Control for Uncertain Structural Systems against Earthquakes,” IEEE Proc. 4th World Congress Intelligent Control & Automation, pp.1681-1686, Shanghai, China, June 2002
- S.-G. Wang, “Robust Active Control for Structural Systems with Acceleration Sensors,” Invited Paper, Proceedings of the Third World Conference on Structural Control, Ed. by Fabio Casciati, Vol.2, pp107-112, Como, Italy, April 2002
- S.-G. Wang, H.Y. Yeh and P. Roschke, “Robust Control for Structural Systems with Parametric and Unstructured Uncertainties,” Journal of Vibration and Control, Vol.7, pp 753-772, 2001
- S.-G. Wang, H.Y. Yeh and P. Roschke, “Robust Control for Structural Systems with Parametric and Unstructured Uncertainties,” Invited Paper, Proceedings American Control Conference, Vol.1, pp1109-1114, Arlington, VA, June 2001
- Y. Bao and S.-G. Wang, “USTC GPS Intelligent Vehicle Navigation System,” Proceedings of 2001 International Symposium on Adaptive and Intelligent Systems and Control, Session VI-01, Charlottesville, VA, June, 2001
- S. Lin and S.-G. Wang, “Robust Control with Pole Clustering for Uncertain Robotic Systems,” International Journal of Control and Intelligent Systems, Vol.28, No.2, pp72-79, 2000