Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Associate Professor and Associate Chair, Graduate Programs and Research
Degrees & Professional Registration:
- PhD. in Infrastructure and Environmental Systems, UNC Charlotte, Charlotte, NC, 2010
- M.S. in Civil Engineering , West Virginia University, Morgantown WV, 2001
- B. S. in Civil Engineering , West Virginia University, Morgantown WV, 1998
- B.S. in Civil Engineering Technology, Fairmont State College, Fairmont, WV, 1996
- CO-PI, "Highway Transportation Training Program," WVDOH ($2,250,000), 2000-2005
- CO-PI, "Highway Transportation Certification Program," WVDOH ($350,000), 2002-2005
- Nicholas, T., Barth, K, and Boyajian, D. "A Simplified Approach to Designing Bridge Substructures", International Journal of Environmental and Geotechnical Engineering, 2008.
- Nicholas, Stilgenbauer, Brizendine, "MicroStation® Applications for Highway and Transportation Structures Design as Part of the Software Series in Civil Engineering Technology Independent Learning Program at Fairmont State College", Proceedings ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Nashville, Tennessee, 2003
- Stilgenbauer, Nicholas, Brizendine, "Scheduling Transportation Projects Using Primavera Project Planner As Part of the Software Series in Civil Engineering Technology Independent Learning Experiment at Fairmont State College", Journal of Engineering Technology, 2001.
- Russell, Gene, and Nicholas, Thomas, (2001), "Trials and Tribulations of Teaching an On-line, Live, Interactive Internet Course," American Society for Engineering Education, National 2001 ASEE Annual Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
- Nicholas, T., Brizendine, A., "Community Service Projects as Integrated Undergraduate Learning Experiences", Proceedings ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition, Honolulu, Hawaii, 2007