Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2005 - 2009) (Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering)
- Dissertation Topic "A Novel Fluorescence Based Method of Assessing Subsurface Damage in Optical Materials"
- Georgia Institute of Technology (2002 - 2004) (M.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- Durham Technical Community College (2000 - 2003)
- North Carolina State University (1995 - 2000) (B.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P. Moyer, W. Parker, M. Randles, "Using Quantum Dots to Evaluate Subsurface Damage Depths and Formation Mechanisms in Glass", Annals of the CIRP, Vol. 59/1, 2010.
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P. Moyer, W. Parker, M. Randles, “Using Quantum dots to Tag Subsurface Damage in Lapped and Polished Glass Samples”, Applied Optics, Vol. 48, No. 27 (2009).
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P.Moyer, W. Parker, M. Randles, " Evaluating Subsurface Damage with Quantum Dots", Topical Meeting of the Optical Fabrication & Testing (OF&T), Jackson Hole, WY, OWA3, June 201
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, P.Moyer, W. Parker, "Adding quantum dots to abrasive slurries to detect subsurface damage in polished glass", Technical Digest, Optifab 2009, Rochester, TD06-34, May 2009
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, M. Randles, P. Moyer, W. Parker, "Evaluating Quantum Dots as a Means to Detect Subsurface Damage in Polished Glass", Global COE First International Symposium on Atomically Controlled Fabrication, Feb 2009
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, M. Randles, P. Moyer, W. Parker, “Characterizing Quantum Dots for use in Detecting Subsurface Damage”, American Society for Precision Engineering Conference, October 2008
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, M. Randles, P. Moyer, W. Parker, “Fluorescent Materials in the Detection of Subsurface Damage”, NSF Engineering Research and Innovation Conference, January 2008
- B. Mullany, A. Landis, W. Williams, P. Murray, I. Roberts, “Pitch polishing of silica - Correlation between material removal rates and obtainable surface finishes”, Optifab 2007, CD 260, TD04-53, May 2007.
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, “Real time Measurement of Friction and Vibration during Polishing”, American Society for Precision Engineering Conference, October 2006.