Engineering Technology and Construction Management
Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering Technology
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (2005 - 2009) (Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering)
- Dissertation Topic "A Novel Fluorescence Based Method of Assessing Subsurface Damage in Optical Materials"
- Georgia Institute of Technology (2002 - 2004) (M.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- Durham Technical Community College (2000 - 2003)
- North Carolina State University (1995 - 2000) (B.S., Mechanical Engineering)
- K. Li, S. Modaresahmadi, W. Williams, J. Z. Bird, J. Wright, and D. Barnett, “Electromagnetic analysis and experimental testing of a flux focusing wind turbine magnetic gearbox,” IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, 2019.
- K. Li, S. Modaresahmadi, W. Williams, J. Wright, J. Bird, and D. Som, “Designing and Experimentally Testing a Magnetic Gearbox for a Wind Turbine Demonstrator,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, 2019.
- M. B. Kouhshahi, V. Acharya, M. Calvin, J. Bird, and W. Williams, “Designing and Experimentally Testing a Flux Focusing Axial Magnetic Gear for an Ocean Generator Application,” IET Electric Power Applications, 2019.
- H. Y. Wong, J. Z. Bird, S. Modaresahmadi, and W. Williams, “Comparative analysis of a coaxial magnetic gear with a flux concentration rotor and consequent pole rotor typology,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, no. 99, pp. 1–5, 2018.
- M. A. Noras, A. Rolle, and W. B. Williams, “Manipulation of Electrosprayed Dielectric Fluids in a High-Pressure Environment Using External Electric Fields,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 6408–6413, 2018.
- M. B. Kouhshahi, J. Z. Bird, J. D. Kadel, and W. B. Williams, “Designing and experimentally testing a magnetically geared lead screw,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, vol. 54, no. 6, pp. 5736–5747, 2018.
- A. F. Browne, S. Watson, and W. B. Williams, “Development of an Architecture for a Cyber-Physical Emulation Test Range for Network Security Testing,” IEEE Access, vol. 6, pp. 73273–73279, 2018.
- P. Schmidt, R. Handy, T. Anderson, T. Rees, J. Morrell, W.Williams & M. Jackson (2016): Residual surface stress: comparing traditional and modulated tool path machining processes, Materials Science and Technology, DOI:10.1080/02670836.2016.1198113
- B. Mullany, M. Mainuddin, W. Williams, and R. Keanini, “An experimental and analytical investigation into the effects of process vibrations on material removal rates during polishing,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 113, no. 22, p. 224902, 2013.
- W. Williams, B. Mullany, W. Parker, P. Moyer, and M. Randles, “Using quantum dots to evaluate subsurface damage depths and formation mechanisms in glass,” CIRP annals, vol. 59, no. 1, pp. 569–572, 2010.
- W. B. Williams, B. A. Mullany, W. C. Parker, P. J. Moyer, and M. H. Randles, “Using quantum dots to tag subsurface damage in lapped and polished glass samples,” Applied optics, vol. 48, no. 27, pp. 5155–5163, 2009.