Changing Your Major to Engineering Technology
Current UNC Charlotte students who are interested in changing majors to Engineering Technology or Construction Management are invited to complete the change of major form.
Current UNC Charlotte students who wish to change to an ETCM major must first satisfy the following requirements in order to be considered eligible for admission:
- Complete MATH 1103 or higher with a grade of C or better.
- Complete PHYS 1101 or higher with a grade of C or better (exception completion not required for Civil Engineering Technology Major).
- Earn a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA.
- Pass all currently attempted required courses within three attempts which includes withdrawing from a course with a grade of W.
- If a student is currently enrolled in a required course for a second time, s/he must wait until grades are posted before declaring an ETCM major. A student will not be admitted to the major unless the said course is passed within the three attempts.
NOTE: Completion of the minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance into a program.
Upon satisfying all of the above requirements, students may request admission to an ETCM program by scheduling an appointment with the departmental representative listed below:
Kara Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) Civil Engineering Technology & Construction Management (Smith 245)
Jamie Sheppard (email@example.com) Electrical Engineering Technology (Smith 332)
Jamie Sheppard (firstname.lastname@example.org) Fire & Safety Engineering Technology (Smith 332)
Alexis Jennings (email@example.com) Mechanical Engineering Technology (Smith 245)
Registration for ETGR1101, Introduction to Engineering Technology and Construction Management, requires successful completion of the ALEKS pre-requisite.
Non-majors cannot enroll in ETGR 1101 during the fall semester but may enroll during the spring or summer if seats are available.
UCOL majors must request entry into ETGR 1101 from their academic advisor in the University Advising Center.
Other majors must request entry to ETGR 1101 via the College of Engineering Office of Student Development and Success (Smith 228).