- Credit Hours: 128
- Concentration Areas: None
- Declaring the Major: Minimum GPA of 2.0 required.
- Prerequisite courses typically include: MATH 1100/1103 or higher, PHYS 1101 with laboratory, and 6 or more credits of ETGR, ETCE, ETME, ELET, or CMET courses completed with a 2.0 or higher.
- Change of Major forms are accepted year-round; orientation/advising sessions are required for new students.
- Advising (For the Major): Required upon admission to the major and before each semester. Assigned advisors hold group advising sessions, followed by individual advising by appointment.
- Advising (For General Education): By Student Services Specialists in the department.
- Minimum Grades/GPA: GPA of 2.0 in the major required for graduation. Grades of C or better required in all freshman level courses, as shown on Suggested Plan of Study.
- Teacher Licensure: No.
- Evening Classes Available: Some upper division (junior/senior) classes are available late afternoon or evening on a rotating basis. It is highly unlikely that students would be able to complete degree requirements through evening courses alone.
- Weekend Classes Available: No.
- Other Information: Students have the option of completing the requirements of the Civil Engineering Technology degree as a dual major with the B.S.E.T. in Civil Engineering Technology. This plan of study typically takes two additional semesters to complete. Students who complete an Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) in a related field before enrolling at UNC Charlotte are eligible for the Construction Management 2+2 Program, which allows students to complete their B.S.C.M. degree with two additional years of coursework.
Mrs. Jamie Sheppard, Academic Advisor
Dr. Thomas Nicholas, Program Coordinator